Pumpkin spice fans will enjoy this dairy-free alternative to the traditional Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.
Make this cake your own by adding chopped pecans or walnuts after it's glazed.
And try this cake's Maple Glaze on our Challah Cinnamon Buns for a seasonal twist on a sweet breakfast favorite.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (15-ounce) pumpkin purée
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
3. In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat on medium speed extra virgin olive oil (evoo), maple, and sugar until the sugar is incorporated and no longer grainy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
4. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add dry ingredients into batter. Beat only until all ingredients are blended.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake at 325°F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
6. Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes in the pan. Invert cake onto a serving plate to cool completely.
1. Whisk sugar and syrup together to form a thick glaze.
2. Spoon glaze over cooled cake before serving.