Puff pastry makes these quick and easy and very pie like.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 dozenServings
- 1 package frozen pie dough, puff pastry or homemade dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, margarine or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
1. Mix all filling ingredients together in a bowl until incorporated. Set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
3. Flour your work surface and rolling pin and roll out the pastry until it is 1⁄8” thick (skip if unnecessary). With a cup or cookie cutter, cut out circles in the pastry and lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Take your leftover dough and roll it out to the same thickness. Cut more circles, until you have used up all your dough.
4. Place a spoonful of pumpkin filling into each circle of dough. Pinch the corners together to form triangles. Brush with egg wash, if desired. Bake until golden.