Make your own candy with this Brittle Recipe filled with Pumpkin Seeds, perfect for a Fall treat. This recipe is the best way to use the pumpkin seeds you pull out when carving a pumpkin.
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup shelled toasted pumpkin seeds (can also be made with peanuts)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Melt the butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the brown sugar and honey then bring it to a boil, without stirring, until the mixture is dark amber and the candy thermometer reached 280 degrees F.
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds and salt and cook until 300 degrees F, around 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture on to a parchment lined baking sheet, spreading in to a thin layer with an oiled spatula and let it cool completely. Please be so careful since the mixture is extremely hot!
- After around 10 minutes, the brittle should be cool enough to handle. Peel the brittle away from the parchment paper and break it in to pieces.