I love the pumpkin spice flavor so I decided to make my own healthier pumpkin spiced latte at home using real pumpkin. It came out so good I realized the kids would love it without the coffee and the steamer was born and they can't get enough.
This mixture stores well in the fridge for a few days, so go ahead and make a big batch and use a few spoonfuls in your coffee every day or add a little milk and heat for the kiddies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup milk (soy, almond, skim, whole) anything works
- 1/3 cup pumpkin, pureed (canned works great)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 2 tablespoon sugar
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan until heated through and mixed well.
2. Adjust seasoning and sugar to taste. Remove from heat and serve as is for a steamer or add a shot of espresso for a latte.
Top with whipped cream if desired.