Anni Geri contributed this recipe saying she finally perfected it and had to share with all of us. Try her easy, non-dairy fruit tart and see for yourself. She also notes that it doubles easily.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups vanilla Lieber’s Butter thin cookies
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or pulverize same amount blanched almonds)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 4 ounces pareve cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup pareve sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- 1 teaspoon apricot jam
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Process cookies, almond flour and margarine.
3. Line a 4 inch spring form pan with parchment paper then press the crumbs into the bottom forming an even crust. Bake for 10 minutes, until the crust sets.
4. Process cream cheese, sour cream, egg and sugar until smooth. Scrape the sides once and process again.
5. Pour the custard into the crust and bake for 15 minutes, then place in freezer about 15 minutes if serving immediately. If not serving immediately, transfer to fridge until ready to eat. Should be refrigerated about an hour.
1. Wash and prep two cups of fresh fruit.
2. Slice fruit into bite size pieces and put in a sauce pan on the stove with one teaspoon of apricot jam. Allow jam to melt stirring occasionally. Once jam is melted remove from heat. Let chill slightly. (In a rush I’ve used Dole fruit in their own juice cups too.)
3. Remove tart from the spring form pan. Spoon prepared fruit on top.
Recipe contributed by AnniGeri.