Potato or sweet potato gnocchi are the perfect passover pasta. This version is incredibly light and has the added protein from quinoa flour, don't worry you can make it yourself with raw quinoa.
Don't miss the other recipes featured in this video:
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 3½ cups quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for finishing
- Garnish: fresh basil, Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, add the cooked sweet potato, quinoa flour, salt and egg. Mix until evenly combined.
- Dust your work surface with quinoa flour. Pull off a piece of the dough and roll into a rope.
- Cut the rope every ½ inch.
- Place a fork on the table. Take each piece of gnocchi and roll along the prongs of the fork to create a the classic gnocchi design.
- Add the gnocchi to salted boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, until the gnocchi float to the top and are cooked through.
- Strain then toss in olive oil and garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.