Ever tried zucchini noodles that were just too soggy? Try this little trick to get the perfect result!
Don't miss the other recipes featured in this video:
Get more Zoodle recipes and how to use a spiralizer here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- To prepare the zucchinis, first, if you have a spiralizer, use that to transform your vegetables into noodles, otherwise start by slicing the zucchinis in half lenghwise. Depending on their thickness, you can slice them in half again to make more narrow noddles. Slice again into strips.
- Add the zoodles to a salad spinner, sprinkle some salt and mix it in. Wait for 20 minutes for the salt to extract the water from the zucchini, then spin to strain it out.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Add half of the noodles to the pan and sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Then cook the other half of the zoodles. Too much zucchini in the pan won't allow the liquid to evaporate.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature with fresh herbs, pesto or Parmesan cheese.