Mix a basic ricotta filling with colorful, flavorful beets and turn your blintzes into a meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon zest, for garnish
Red Beet Filling
- 4 medium-sized red beets
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- ¼ cup Herb Ricotta
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped hazelnuts
- 12 crepes
1. Mix ricotta, chives, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, evoo, and lemon juice together in
Red Beet Filling:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub each beet with evoo and season with salt and pepper.
2. Wrap each beet individually in aluminum foil with one thyme sprig and roast at 400°F for 1 hour (or until fork tender).
3. Once beets are cool enough to handle, peel and dice. Puree beets in food processor with ricotta and goat cheese.
4. Spread mixture in crepe and fold. This crepe can be garnished with chopped hazelnuts.