- 12 ServingsServings
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Green Pepper, Diced
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Annelini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- I Can Pink Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Vegetable / Chicken Stock
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 pinch Thyme
- Red Pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Spicy Sausages, browned and sliced in circles
- 6 cup Cooked White Rice
In a medium sized pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, celery and garlic.
Cook the vegetables until soft, stirring occasionally.
Add the beans, stock, herbs and spices and simmer for 30 minutes. (In this recipe I call for 4 different types of beans, but you can use 4 cans of the same beans. Since I started playing around with this recipe, I decided that the different colors really add something to the dish)
Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings.
Serve over the rice topped with sausage / veggie sausage. Don't forget to remove the bay leaf before serving.
Add a sprinkle of grated cheese over each serving (if you are using veggie sausage)