This Roasted Cherry and Feta Salad is the perfect combination of fruit, cheese, and veggies, for the ultimate refreshing summer salad.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.Combine cherries with sugar and cornstarch and toss until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-45 minutes until juices are thick and bubbly. Stir at 10-15 minute intervals. Place in fridge to cool completely.
2. Whisk the honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle olive oil and whisk until dressing emulsifies and thickens.
3. Assemble salad by placing spinach in a large bowl or on platter. Top with red onion, roasted cherries, almonds, and crumbled feta.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW