Bitter flavors tame the “fishiness” of pure fish sauce. This recipe works well with any bitter greens, such as radicchio, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli raab, but the roasting times will have to be adjusted. Order your kosher fish sauce here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Fish Sauce Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon (or lime) juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 endives, split
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
FISH SAUCE VINAIGRETTE:
1. Whisk all ingredients together. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss cut endive with evoo and place cut side down on a non- stick roasting pan, or a baking sheet covered with foil.
2. Roast endive for 20 minutes. Flip and roast for 10 minutes more.
3. Move the endive to a serving plate and drizzle with the Fish Sauce Vinaigrette.