You can use other seasonal mini vegetables-the smaller, the better. Gourmet restaurants serve 'em but anyone can. I find myself forgetting about the chicken and just eating these deliciously cute veggies by the spoonful!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 chicken, about 3½ pounds, cut into 8 pieces
- 20 small fingerling potatoes (or 10 large fingerling potatoes, halved)
- 10 baby carrots
- 10 baby zucchini
- 10 baby red bell peppers
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 2 tablespoons prepared crushed garlic or fresh, if unavailable
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Spray a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Arrange in prepared pan.
- Rinse potatoes, carrots, zucchini and peppers and place in a medium bowl. Add evoo, garlic, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Stir to mix.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into the roasting pan, arranging the vegetables under and around chicken. Make sure chicken skin is coated with oil mixture. Pour any extra from the bowl to cover the skin.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375℉ for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until skin is slightly browned and crispy. Serve immediately.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER