Crispy and nicely browned on the outside, tender on the inside, roasted potatoes are always a crowd-pleaser. This side-dish is an easy addition to your holiday menu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 6 medium red-skinned Idaho potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Cut scrubbed potatoes in quarters lengthwise, then into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Place potato chunks into a gallon-sized, zip-top plastic bag.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except for Parmesan) to the bag. Close and shake to coat potatoes with the seasonings and oil.
4. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Pour potatoes onto the baking sheet.
5. Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip and stir them with a metal spatula. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, then repeat the flipping and stirring, returning them to the oven for a final 10 minutes of cooking and browning.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve immediately.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission