This sweet and savory Roasted Sage and Rosemary Turkey with Sweet Potatoes and Apples is roasted slowly. The result is a juicy turkey that is perfect for Shabbat or the holidays, including Passover.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 lb 14 ounces), sliced 2 red delicious apples (about 1 lb 3 ounces), sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced vertically
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Wise-glatt organic turkey breast roast with skin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a (9 X 13") casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Toss potatoes, apples, and onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and cinnamon to thoroughly combine.
3. Pour vegetables into baking dish and spread evenly.
4. Stir together 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, sage and rosemary in a small bowl.
5. With turkey breast on a flat surface, rub oil and spice mixture evenly over the turkey's skin.
6. Place turkey on top of vegetables in baking dish. Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until internal turkey temperature reaches 165°F. Tent turkey with foil for 15 minutes to ensure juices are evenly distributed. Enjoy!