This recipe is perfect all year round. The Cucumber Yogurt is the perfect refreshing topping for the baked salmon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 servingsServings
- 1 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 4 (5 oz.) portions of Salmon
- Olive oil
1. Place the Greek yogurt in a strainer lined with paper towels. Let strain at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
2. Place the shredded cucumber in a strainer lined with paper towels. Place a heavy object over the cucumber. A few cans of beans work well here. Let strain at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Discard all liquid from yogurt and cucumber, then combine with the minced garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt. Return yogurt to refrigerator and let cool until the fish is cooked.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place a baking sheet or cast iron pan in the oven to preheat as well.
5. Rub each salmon portion with olive oil and very lightly season with salt. Once the oven comes to temperature, remove the baking sheet or cast iron pan, lightly coat with olive oil then place the fish, skin side down. Roast until cooked through, about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your portion and how well you like your salmon cooked.
6. Top each piece of fish with a dollop of cucumber yogurt and a sprig of fresh mint and a few slivers sliced scallions. Serve with Simply Roasted Brussels Sprouts.