Love scallions or green onions, but want something new and different to do with them? We love this simple dip using roasted scallions.
The roasting mellows the flavor and the mayo and evoo create a rich and creamy dip or spread to add to sandwiches or with veggies.
Make Ahead Tip: Roast scallions and store in fridge for up to 2 days.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 bunches scallions, roughly chopped, divided
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Place scallions on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil.
3. Roast at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reserve ⅓ cup of the roasted scallions for topping. Allow scallions to cool a bit before blending.
4. Blend remaining scallions in a food processor with olive oil, mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. Blend until smooth. Serve with reserved roasted scallions, and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.