- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup ServingsServings
- 1 cup whole or sliced almonds
- 1 slice bread or 1 sheet of matzo
- 1 8 oz. jar roasted red pepper or 1 red pepper freshly roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 plum tomato cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Toast the almonds in a medium skillet over medium heat until they are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Toast the slice of bread until golden brown. (if using matzo, skip this step)
2 With your hands, rip the toast or matzo into a few pieces and add to the bowl of the food processor. Add the toasted almonds, roasted red peppers, garlic cloves, red wine vinegar, plum tomato, salt, and pepper.
3 Start processing and while the machine is running, pour in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Process until all the ingredients are ground and the mixture is pretty smooth.
4 Use as a topping for meat, chicken, fish or vegetables.