A really satisfying vegetarian option. Grilling mushrooms only enhances their “meaty” texture and taste. Stuffing them with this light and filling chickpea salad makes it a meal in one.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 6 Portobello mushroom caps, stemmed and gills removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce (about 1 small heart)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Grill mushrooms over medium high heat about 8 to 10 minutes per side or until tender.
In a large bowl, combine beans, lettuce, scallions, tomatoes, dill, vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Divide salad between 6 grilled mushroom caps and drizzle with olive oil before serving. Serve immediately.