Try something new for your Shabbat first course. This ceviche comes together quickly, but needs some time in the refrigerator for all the flavors to meld together. If you like more heat, you can use your favorite spicy pepper in place of the jalapeño.
Find more salads to complement your avocados, Stuffed Avocados.
- Prep Time
- 4 ripe avocados
- 8-ounce sushi-grade salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Persian cucumber, finely diced
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Garnish: pomegranate seeds and chopped chives
1. In a medium bowl, combine salmon, cucumber, pomegranate seeds, jalapeño, lime juice, shallots, ginger, honey, evoo, salt, and chives. Store, covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
2. Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Fill with chilled ceviche mixture.
3. Garnish with more pomegranate seeds and chopped chives. Serve immediately.