Spaghetti squash is one of the most popular ingredients for low carb, delicious recipes. Once you make the squash you can just combine all the ingredients and bake until ready. Use more pepper if you like it extra peppery.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds or about 4 cups cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, plus more for greasing
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup caramelized onions
- 1 heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- ½-1 heaping teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9 inch square or round casserole dish.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds, leaving the flesh intact.
- Drizzle cut side with 2 tablespoons evoo, and season with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on prepared baking sheet. Roast in a 375°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted with no resistance.
- Let squash cool, with a fork, gently scrape the fragile squash strands into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and onions and beat well. Mix in 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve as your new favorite side.