Roasted eggplant is a lush and versatile dish that pairs well with just about everything.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
1. Place evoo and vinegar in a bowl and whisk together. Add eggplant slices, tossing to coat.
2. Place eggplant in one layer on prepared baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle evenly with garlic, oregano, paprika, and salt.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 450°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until softened.
5. Serve hot or at room temperature.
If you have extra time, broil on one side for 4 minutes and turn over to broil the other side for 3 minutes to evenly brown.
Recipe courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007).
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.