Kreplach is traditionally made with meat, this version just takes that meat and spices it up.
Use this filling to make our Kreplach Shortcuts.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred works here), sliced thinly
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons shawarma spice mix
3 cups traditional meat filling, chopped finely
1. In a large sauté pan, lightly coated with oil, caramelize onion until medium brown and very soft. Add garlic, red peppers and spice mix. Stir to combine.
2. Add meat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cool completely before using as a filling for kreplach.