Got the recipe for this ethnic slow cooked chicken from the food network. It's so easy and so good. It's a perfect Shabbat lunch to serve to guests.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup carrots
- 4 lbs. Skinless chicken thighs (you can throw in a few breasts for those that don\'\'t like chicken on the bone
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15oz can) tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (1 tsp of sauce)
- 1/4 cup lime juice and 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups rice
- Finely grated lime zest
1 Arrange onion, celery, and carrots in bottom of slow cooker
2 Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and arrange over chicken
3 In medium bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, lime juice, chipotle chiles with sauce, and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken.
4 Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
5 Cook rice using 1/2 water and half coconut milk.
6 Add in lime zest
7 Serve chicken atop rice garnished with avocado and cilantro
Got the recipe idea from the food network. It's so easy and so good. It's a perfect shabbat lunch to serve to guests.