You can cook this slow in your slow cooker or fast in an insta pot or pressure cooker. It's a one pot meal complete with turkey and rice cooked together with tons of flavor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless whole turkey breast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, diced
- 5 ounces or 1 cup cooked and peeled chestnuts (jarred product works well here), coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 2 fresh sprigs
- 3 cups water
1. The night before or at least 1 hour before, mix coriander, paprika, salt, pepper and olive oil together and coat the turkey breast. Cover and keep in fridge overnight.
2. The next day, preheat the slow cooker to low and place rice, onion, cranberries, apples, chestnuts and thyme on the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with water.
3. Unwrap turkey and place on top of rice mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
4. If using an insta pot, follow the same instructions, but cook for 45 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 350
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 110 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 47 g
- Sodium Content: 380 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g