A warming, comforting soup packed with veggies and thick soba noodles, this Soba Noodle Vegetable Soup is healthy, yummy, and simple to make. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons EDEN sesame oil, divided
- 1 (16 oz.) block firm tofu, drained* and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons EDEN shoyu plus two tablespoons shoyu, divided
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 large rainbow carrots (about 9.8 oz), sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 ounces EDEN organic soba noodles
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1. Sauteé 2 tablespoons sesame oil over medium high heat in a large, nonstick pot. Add tofu, 1 teaspoon shoye, and ½ teaspoon white pepper. Gently stir and cook until the tofu is toasted and lightly browned on all sides. Remove tofu with a slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate.
2. Add one more tablespoon sesame oil, sliced carrots, and mushrooms, stirring frequently, scraping up any leftover tofu bits, for about five minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
3. Add chopped garlic and saute for about two minutes more.
4. Add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, add the noodles and boil for 8 minutes more.
6. Return heat to low and add toasted tofu, snow peas, chili sauce, dark brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon shoyu. Cook until heated through and serve immediately!
*The best way to drain tofu is to place the tofu block on a paper-towel lined plate. Put an additional layer of paper towels on top of the block, then place a heavy skillet on top of the paper towels. Let drain for 15 minutes.