The butternut squash in this 2 color pea soup adds creaminess, flavor and tons of nutrients.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 package green split peas
- 1 package yellow split peas
- 2 can (48 oz. each) vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 2 boxes frozen butternut squash
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small bag of baby carrots, chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- any seasoning you love to taste!
1 Pour cans of vegetable broth into a large pot. Rinse and mix both bags of peas in a colander and then add them to the broth. Heat on high heat and stir regularly. Add the butternut squash (Ok if it’s still frozen.)
2 In a food processor, chop together the onion, carrots, garlic and then add to the pot along with any other seasonings or spices of your choice.
3 Cook together until the peas are soft, stirring regularly throughout the process. (Spoon off and discard any “foam” that forms during the process.)