- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 1 TablespoonVegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cupYellow onions, diced 1/4”
- 1 1/2 cupRed bell peppers, diced 1/4”
- 1 1/2 cupCorn kernels
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 teaspoonCumin, ground
- 1 teaspoonGarlic, minced
- 1 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
- 1 cup (6oz.) Goat cheese
- 1/2 Cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons09Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon09Kosher salt
- 12 Egg Roll Wrappers (7u201d by 7u201d)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 quartsVegetable oil (for frying)
1 Heat 1 Tablespoon oil over medium in a large sauté pan. Add onions, red pepper and corn and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender.
2 Mix in jalapenos, cumin and garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in California Ripe olives, goat cheese, cilantro and lime juice.
3 Season with salt and set aside until cool enough to handle. To wrap, place each wonton wrap on the counter with one corner facing you.
4 Spoon 1/4 cup of vegetable mixture onto the center of each wonton wrapper and pat into a 3” by 1 1/2” rectangular shape.
5 Brush sides of wonton (around the filling) with beaten egg. Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling, then roll the wrapper up once.
6 Fold in the sides, brush again with egg wash, then continue to roll wonton into a tight cylinder.
7 eat oil in a medium saucepot to 375 degrees. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes until golden bro
8 Remove from pot with a slotted spoon and drain on a baking rack lined with paper towels. Serve hot with salsa.
Source: California Olive