In moderation, tofu can be beneficial for the body because it is high in calcium, manganese and iron, and it has been known to lower bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also cools down the body, making it the perfect remedy for a hot summer day.
- Prep Time
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 avocado, large diced
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 block of firm tofu, 14 ounces
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar
- ½ cup water
1 Toss the defrosted corn with 1 teaspoon of umeboshi vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
2 To make the dressing, crumble the tofu and place it into a food processor. Add the lemon juice, umeboshi vinegar and water. Blend the ingredients all together until smooth and creamy.
3 To assemble the salad, place shredded lettuce on the bottom of the bowl, then put the black beans, corn, black olives and avocado in sections around the bowl. Put the salsa into the center of the bowl.Top it off with dollops of “sour cream” on the salad.