The flavors of the Southwest come together to make this easy turkey roast filled with a yummy stuffing. It is really a one pot meal. Add a salad on the side and you will love it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast (2 to 2½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 bag frozen corn, defrosted (10-ounce)
- 2 can chopped green chilies, drained (4.5-ounce)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 8 cup cubed bread (day old or dried out overnight)
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine all spices for turkey rub and mix well. Place turkey breast on a greased baking sheet or roasting pan and rub all over with spice mix to coat well. Bake for about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 170° F. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add corn, green chilies and cumin and sauté 3 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl and add bread cubes, stock, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Transfer to a greased baking dish. Bake with turkey breast for 1 hour.
Yield: 1 turkey breast & 8 cups stuffing