Spaghetti and meatballs are a family friendly favorite, at least in our house. For a change from the classic red meat dish, ground turkey or even chicken can still be crowd pleasers. The meatballs should not be tough and the perfect sauce is key to making this recipe the number one requested weeknight, Shabbat and holiday dish, no matter how old you are.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 cups Gefen Classic Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) box spaghetti
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed greens
- ¾ cup bottled Italian dressing
1. In a 4-quart saucepot, warm sauce over medium-low heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine onions, garlic, turkey, salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, and parsley. Form into 2-inch balls.
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs to the skillet, browning on all sides, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook for 40 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions.
5. In a salad bowl, toss mixed greens with dressing.
6. Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti with salad on the side.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)BUY NOW.