Similar to tzimmes, spiced carrots with apricot nicely compliment most meat dishes. You can also be creative and add other dried fruit such a raisins and/or prunes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- About ½ cup water
- 4 cups baby carrots (or small-cut carrots), steamed yet a little firm
- 3-4 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- Salt and pepper
1. In a frying pan, fry up onions with oil (and garlic if you choose to use it) until the onions are soft.
2. Add spices, sugar, and apricots to the pan.
3. When the sugar has been absorbed, add the water so it's like a sauce and has a little liquid to cook in.
4. Add carrots (they should be steamed a little before hand so they cook faster), and cook for a few minutes.
5. Stir with the sauce, until they are covered nicely and a little brown. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.