This super chocolaty milk is way more flavorful than the version you remember from childhood. To appeal to young kids, omit the spices.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, broken up
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
1. Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan, whisk well, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer until the cocoa powder and chocolate dissolve, whisking, about 3 minutes.
2. Strain into a small-medium bowl, cover, and chill until cold, about 1 hour. Remove the spices, pour into a glass, and serve cold.