Change up your favorite hummus with a carrot flavor and you might just turn orange.
We also add some of our favorite Israeli spicy condiment, harissa, which you can buy or make your own to add to this unique hummus.
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium sized carrots, steamed
- ⅓ cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: toasted pine nuts and chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Place chickpeas, carrots, tahini, lemon juice, sriracha, garlic, olive oil, and salt in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
2. Garnish with pine nuts, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Store in covered container, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.