This fantastic side dish goes a step further by adding a spicy kick that makes these carrots addictive.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 6 large carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 1 egg white from a large egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Cut each carrot in half to make 2 (3–4 inch) pieces.
3. Cut each carrot half in half lengthwise. With the cut-side-down on your cutting board, cut each half into 3 equal strips to make carrot sticks.
4. Place the egg white into a large shallow bowl or container and whip with a fork or whisk till foamy.
5. In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, water, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, paprika, and white pepper.
6. Place the carrot sticks into the beaten egg; turning to coat the carrots in the egg white.
7. Remove the carrots from the egg white and stir into the spice mixture. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with salt.
8. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
9. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl