I made this recipe with the equivalent of three cut-up chickens. To do that, I doubled all the ingredients except the plums. I used two pounds instead of 1½.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cut up chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 chopped jalapeno, seeds and veins removed
- ⅓ teaspoon each cinnamon and cloves
- 1½ pounds pitted, chopped plums
- ¼ cup each, honey and soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
1 Remove the skin from the chicken and brown, then place in a casserole.
2 Saute the onion until it starts to brown, then add the garlic for a couple of minutes more. Add the ginger, jalapeno, cinnamon, and cloves and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
3 Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the plums are soft. Cool a bit and then put it in your processor. Pour over the chicken, cover, and bake.