When you make your own ravioli you can choose the filling that best suits the occasion. This spinach-mushroom filling can take a pareve or dairy sauce, as you desire.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 portion pasta dough
1. In a large saute pan, heat oil over moderate heat. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes until they begin to brown.
2. Add salt and pepper. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in mascarpone.
3. Place in a food processor and pulse a few times.
4. Roll pasta dough out thin and cut the large strip in half. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Put teaspoons of filling spaced out on the dough and cover with the other half of pasta dough. Cut out squares with a pastry cutter.
6. To cook ravioli, boil a large pot of salted water and cook for 2-3 minutes until the ravioli floats.