We love vegetable casseroles that can be made ahead, frozen, and eaten for breakfast. Sweet potato and spinach go so well together in terms of color and flavor, but nutritionally they make any dish a superfood. Vitamin A, K, iron, fiber and so much more can be found in this bake.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 medium sweet potato, grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped or 2 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk, low-fat or almond
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup cup shredded cheddar or other strong flavored cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine grated sweet potato, spinach, eggs, milk, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and ½ cup cheddar. Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Top with ¼ cup shredded cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 193
- Carbohydrate Content: 11.8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 185 mg
- Fat Content: 10.8 g
- Protein Content: 12.3 g
- Sodium Content: 208 mg
- Sugar Content: 2.2 g