This is the perfect recipe to make ahead and freeze--it keeps frozen for up to 1 month.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki
- ⅓ cup soymilk unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add olive oil, onions and salt and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and sauté 5 minutes more, making sure to combine onions and spinach.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, teriyaki marinade and sauce and soy milk until frothy. Add onion-spinach mixture to egg mixture, stir to combine, then pour into par-baked pie crust. Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes until puffed and golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store quiche, covered in the fridge for up to 48 hours or freeze for up to a month.