This Spinach Shakshuka Will Show You The True Meaning Of Creaminess. Loaded with healthy green veggies and lots of creamy yumminess, everyone will win when they eat this shakshuka. Don't get us wrong, we love the traditional tomato based shakshuka, but if you want to eat this on a daily basis it is nice to mix it up.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Pinch nutmeg (approx. ⅛ teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup mozzarella
- Preheat oven to broil. Heat a skillet/pan to medium heat.
- Add the butter, onion and garlic. Cook until onions turn golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and let it cook until it shrinks. Stir. Add the cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and flour. Stir until mixed well.
- Let cook until sauce thickens, about 5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- With a spatula, make a little space to place the egg. After the egg is comfortable in its spot, sprinkle the mozzarella.
- Broil for 3 mins for a soft yolk, or until egg is cooked to your preference. If your pan is not oven-proof, cover and cook on medium-low heat for 3 minutes for a soft yolk, or until egg is cooked to your preference. Serve with fresh bread for dipping.