- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound boneless beef round tip steaks, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Large egg
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 to 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cucumber, seeded, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes, Chopped cilantroDressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
1 Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
2 Beat egg, chipotle peppers and water in shallow dish until blended. Combine cracker crumbs and 3 tablespoons cilantro in second shallow dish. Dip each beef steak into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture to coat both sides.
3 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Place 1 to 2 steaks in skillet.
4 (Do not overcrowd.). Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until coating is golden brown and beef is medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
5 (Do not overcook.) Remove; keep warm. Repeat with remaining steaks, adding additional oil as needed and adjusting heat as necessary to prevent over browning.
6 Divide salad greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with cucumber and tomatoes. Top each with steaks. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with cilantro, as desired.