I love making trifles for the ultimate easy dessert that looks incredible. You can even use leftover cake or cake that didn't quite cook evenly, it's the perfect dessert saver.
If you want to make your own non-dairy whipped topping
- Prep Time
- 8 Servings ServingsServings
- 1 (16-ounce) prepared pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes, divided
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen strawberries in sugar or syrup, thawed, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) containers non-dairy whipped topping, divided (whipped)
- Crumble 4 cake cubes to resemble coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Place half the remaining cake cubes in the bottom of a glass trifle bowl.
- Spread one package of strawberries in syrup over the cake layer.
- Cover with 1 container non-diary whipped topping, spreading to edges.
- Repeat layer with remaining cake, strawberries and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle reserved cake crumbs over top.
- Chill in refrigerator about 2 to 3 hours before serving, but no longer than 4 hours, because whipped topping will begin to liquefy.
Decorate the top with fresh sliced strawberries if you like. Or, for a different flavor note, use lemon pound cake.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER