This refreshing recipe for Summer Black Eyed Peas is ready in just 10 minutes. It can be served immediately, but if you let it chill for an hour in fridge, the flavors meld together and it's even more delicious. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Prep Time
Summer Black Eyed Peas:
- 30 oz. EDEN Black Eyed Peas, 2 cans, drained
- 14.5 oz. EDEN Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chilies, 1 can, drained
- 1 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen, blanched 2 minutes
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 cup cucumber, quartered and chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoon EDEN Red Wine Vinegar or EDEN Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons EDEN Barley Malt Syrup or organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons EDEN Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
1. Mix together in a mixing bowl, the black eyed peas, tomatoes, sweet corn, green pepper, red peppers, scallion, red onion and cucumber.
2. To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree. Toss in with the salad.
3. Serve room temperature or chill 1 hour before serving.
Find this recipe and more at Eden Foods.