A Summer Peach and Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho bowl is so simple to make and is a fresh, cooling and sophisticated soup...perfect for the summer or fall months.
- Prep Time
- 3 peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk (sugar-free)
- ¼ cup marcona almonds (or blanched almonds)
- 1 hothouse cucumber (not peeled)
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup ice
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow tomato, diced
- ½ cup corn
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely diced (optional)
1. Place all the peaches, cherry tomatoes, coconut milk, almonds, cucumber, 5 sprigs mint, agave, fresh lime juice, pinch of salt, and ice in vita-mix or blender. Blend until very smooth, and season to taste.
2. Pass through a fine-mesh sieve. Once sieved, you may have to add a little water to achieve the proper consistency, which should be like a drinkable yogurt.
3. Store in a covered container until ready to serve.
4. Place some of the yellow peppers, tomato, corn, and jalapeno in each bowl. Pour gazpacho liquid on top or around the vegetables. Garnish with remaining mint leaves and pine nuts
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Fall 2014 Subscribe Now