This pesto gets it kick from sun-dried tomatoes rather than nuts or cheese and will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 weeks.
Keep it on hand to liven up sandwiches, chickens, fish, pasta, anything goes.
- Prep Time
- ½ cupServings
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked briefly in warm water and squeezed thoroughly dry (Make sure not a drop of liquid remains --leaving any moisture will result in a soggy dish)
- 1 large bunch basil, all tough stems removed (about 2 cups, packed)
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves and stems (about 1 cup, packed)
- 1 head garlic, all cloves peeled
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and garlic. Process, adding the oil gradually through the feed tube. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pesto to clean, wide-mouthed glass jars and refrigerate.