Rosh Hashanah is right around the corner and you know what that means... delicious honey cake! This beautifully decadent honey cake is drizzled with pomegranate honey and topped with silan-caramelized sunflower seeds. Are you drooling yet?
We sold out of pomegranate honey, but you can use our new Raspberry Rose Honey for a unique and special flavor.
We recently launched our new honey collection and much to our pleasant surprise we sold out in 5 days! Thank you so so much for your love and support, we are working hard to bring back the honey, make sure to sign up for our email list to be notified when we are back in stock. In the meantime, you can still get and give our Best Sellers Spices Gift Box, get yours here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 tablespoons Jamie Geller Silan
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix Jamie Geller Honey, coffee, oil, egg, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour and mix well until its a completely smooth consistency.
- Oil a 9 inch loaf pan. (optional: add baking paper and oil again). Pour in the cake mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cooled, take the cake out of the loaf pan gently and place on a plate.
- Drizzle with pomegranate honey.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the Jamie Geller Silan and pomegranate seeds. Mix continuously until the sunflower seeds caramelize.
- Carefully scoop the caramelized sunflower seeds onto the cake and spread evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle some fresh pomegranate seeds on top. Enjoy!