A healthier version of a delicious muffin that is also simple to make!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 muffins ServingsServings
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin, 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower kernels(if not salted, add 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- Topping:1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 Preheat oven – 425°F.
2 Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and soda. Mix well.
3 In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients and stir only until ingredients are combined.
4 Stir in oats and kernels. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
5 Topping: Combine all of the ingredients, stir until crumbly and sprinkle over muffins.
Source: Wheat Foods Council