This chicken dish is a party in your mouth. Sweet, tangy, spicy, & savory flavors from the chutney and chicken slow cooking for hours makes for a winning recipe.
Always make sure to use a great quality extra virgin olive oil, we love Colavita.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger or 2 teaspoons powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, I used Colavita
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup diced mango (frozen works!)
- 8 chicken leg or thigh pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine garlic, red pepper, ginger, lime zest and juice, brown sugar, evoo, onion, vinegar, raisins, mango, chicken, salt, and pepper in a reusable storage bag. Allow to marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat slow cooker to low. Transfer ingredients to slow cooker, cover, and cook for 4 hours.
- Serve with rice, potatoes and favorite vegetable.
Looking for more Slow Cooker Recipes? Click here for 18 hot recipes for your slow cooker.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.