Quick cooking, low fat turkey burgers make a great weeknight dinner any time of year. These are moist and flavorful with the addition of your favorite barbecue sauce. Serve with Sweet Potato Wedges
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup store-bought barbeque sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 6 whole wheat buns, split in half
- Regular or Lite Mayonnaise
1. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, barbeque sauce, bread crumbs, brown sugar, egg, salt, and pepper.
2. Form into 6 patties; place on a plate and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Lightly spray a grill pan with cooking spray and heat pan over medium heat. Grill burgers about 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
4. Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, barbeque sauce, and Sweet Potato Wedges
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010)