Tangy and creamy yogurt makes an incredible base for almost anything. The combo of earthy sweet potatoes, bright tomatoes, slightly crunchy quinoa and sweet, yet acidic balsamic is phenomenal.
Love this concept? Check out Savory Yogurt Bowls for Filling Lunches & Snacks.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups plain Greek yogurt or plain leben
- 1 1/2 cups roasted sweet potatoes (recipe follows)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- balsamic reduction (recipe follows)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
For the yogurt bowls:
1. Fill 6 bowls with 1/2 cup yogurt each.
2. Top with roasted sweet potatoes, quinoa, tomatoes and basil.
3. Drizzle balsamic reduction on top and serve.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and toss with extra virgin olive oil and salt. Roast for 40 minutes.
Simmer balsamic vinegar and 1/4 cup brown sugar on medium-low heat for fifteen minutes, until syrup and just coating the back of a spoon.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.