I know you've heard of potato skins, but did you ever think about sweet potato skins? They work the exact same way as the base for incredible toppings, but are even healthier.
There is so much versatility in a sweet potato skin. Use the filling to make Sweet Potato Spinach Latkes or add it back into the crispy skin. Use feta or blue cheese, add greens and/or nuts.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed well with water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- ½ cup chopped kale
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Chopped chives (optional)
Preheat oven to 400℉.
1. Place potatoes directly on baking sheet in the center of the oven. Bake for 1 hour or until you can stick a fork all the way through. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Cut sweet potato in half, gently scoop out most of the flesh leaving a thin layer of potato on skin. Place the skins back on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven for 15 minutes until beginning to crisp.
3. In a bowl mix feta or blue cheese with kale and some or all of the sweet potato flesh if desired. When skins are crispy fill with mixture. Top with pecans and/or chives if using. Place back in oven for 5 minutes.